Tutorials, video tutorials and Resources for Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2!
First time here? Read the blog introduction! ;)

Tip: give a try to Hornil StylePix Pro, a nice alternative to Photoshop and PSP.

Saturday 16 May 2009

Advanced (python) PSP Scripting: where to start.

As a developer I was curious to learn something about how psp scripts works and at first I was unable to find some documentation to understand how to write / edit a psp script by hand. Like an api references and/or some tutorials.

From the PSP guide I've found out this statement:
Available from the Corel Knowledge Base (accessible from www.support.corel.com) is a document titled Scripting for Script Authors, which contains complete and advanced scripting information for Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo. To find this document, choose Paint Shop Pro from the Products and Services drop-list, then enter script in the Search Text field.

But the url doesn't seems to work and even if I go to http://kb.corel.com I can't find that document..


So I googled a bit and found out the corel ftp site:


There you can find this useful documents:

p.s.
I've found the right url for corel support for psp scripting:
http://corel.custhelp.com/ - but on this page the PSP XI version of api isn't listed for what I saw. See: Where can I learn more about the Python scripting used in Paint Shop™ Pro®?

10 comments:

  1. Nice site you've got here. And the thing about scriting is cool, is that like plugins?

    I have a website with Corel PSP tuts and was wondering if you would like to be a tutorial author (even video tutorials)? MY site is
    snedekerdesignz.com/semiprotuts you can contact me there. It's a new site (domain coming soon) and want to get lots of content up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, scripting is a bit like photoshop actions. In paint shop pro you can record them so that you don't have to write any single line of code, and then you can edit the code by hand if you want, as they uses python.

    I'm not working to this website on a regular basis and also I plan to put also links to external content (tutorials, ...) here.. so I'm not interested in becoming an author for another website, but your can embed the vid. tutorials using the youtube code.. also a link back to my original post would be nice ;)

    I could link you on the sidebar as you'll have more content on your website about psp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we can link each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done ;) ..let me know if you register a domain name!

    p.s.
    new vid. tut. uploaded and (hopefully) more coming soon..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am new in this field but i haven't use this PSP. So i am looking for use this and find out its results.
    Web Design Quote

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to know how to have the option to change a font, font size & color when adding titles in a script.
    I make headers and this would be an enormous help!
    Hugs,
    DeLoris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just uploaded a complete course for scripting with PSP from the instructor Suz Shook. It is available in the Scrapbook Campus.
    http://scrapbookcampus.com/paintshop-pro-scripting-course/
    There is also a video uploaded this week that is an introduction to scripts:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOT2k2wlCG8

    Cassel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Start learn PaintShop Pro from http://www.softwarevideo.com/course/paintshop-pro-x

    From the basics, Softwarevideo.com covers all the volumes including advanced.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete