Tutorials, video tutorials and Resources for Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2!
First time here? Read the blog introduction! ;)

Tip: give a try to Hornil StylePix Pro, a nice alternative to Photoshop and PSP.

Sunday 10 May 2009

Welcome to learning-psp.blogspot.com!


Hello and welcome to learning-psp.blogspot.com :)
On this first post I'd like to introduce you this blog, why I've created it and
how to follow it in the best way.


Why this blog?
I've started using Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 from few days and now I'm learning to do all the stuff I were able to do in other software, like The Gimp. As I learn new things, I'll share them with you hoping that it will be useful for you too.
You'll find some tutorials, video tutorials and other resources like free brushes, fonts, plugins, gradients, and so on that I'll make or that I'll find on other websites.
Searching for other website or resource for Paint Shop Pro I've come up with a lot of obsolete content.. tutorials for new version of psp that theaches how to make graphics that doesn't looks "current" or that explain to do you things in a more complicated way compared on how you can achieve the same results with the latest psp version. So this blog should contain only "quality" and "fresh" content!


How to stay up-to-date?
You'll be able to follow me by subscribing to the website feed.. just click on subscribe to -> posts on the right sidebar of this page ;)
You can also subscribe to the youtube video channel if you have a google account. Having people subscribed to this blog and/or to the youtube channel will be of great motivation for me to find the time to post new content! ..so thanks in advice if you'll subscribe.


Why Paint Shop Pro?
I always thought that, for what I've to do, Photoshop is too expensive. Many people uses it without having a license and this helps it to be popular.. but I like to use original software and for this reasons I'm a long time Gimp user and I consider myself quite experienced at it.
Gimp is a great piece of software but, to be honest, right now suffers of the lack of some important features.. just to mention a couple: layer styles, layer groups, batch actions and (visual)scripting.
Ok you can do some of that things using some scripts and plugins but the resul is not the same.. But there are also some features of the Gimp that I miss in psp like the ability to resize the selecion with drag-n-drop..
Anyway.. I found out that PSP as a smaller community than it deserves. It has a great potential at a fair price.. but unfortunately it is saw more like a "toy" for "noobs" that just have to remove red eyes with one click..
But this is not true.. maybe this is more a photoshop elements' goal ;) ..Photoshop elements could be a great software too but they limited it so that people will still have a reason for buy Photoshop. But if you are in between the user who needs Photoshop and the user who needs Photoshop elements.. and also if you are more near to the first than to the second.. then Paint Shop Pro is for you. Or at least this is my opinion.


Something about me
This is not a personal blog, however I'd like to share with you a couple of info about me:
  • I'm italian so don't please don't blame me if my english is not perfect; your comments are welcome if you write them to help me to improve.. and if you'll learn something from my posts, then we'll have both gained something :D
  • I'm not mainly a designer / "a pro". I consider myself a webmaster and mainly a developer, but I always had an interest also in graphics as I always saw it as a whole.. so I'll try to do my best to provide you useful resources and information, but if you are more experienced feel free to provide better information/tips in your comments and I'll update my posts!


Thanks for reading! I hope you'll find this site useful!


p.s.
the layout of this website (at the time I'm writing this) has been made 100% by me using Corel PSP Photo X2. It is a simple one and maybe it is not perfect but I didn't put too much effort into doing it. Just wanted something that, from my point of view, looked nice..

No comments:

Post a Comment